Over 7 000 volunteer hours are needed every year to support the museum activities. Volunteering at The Royal Canadian Regiment Museum offers you the opportunity to learn new skills and meet great people while supporting our mission to preserve, collect, present artefacts relevant for the history of the Regiment and to foster a deeper understanding of the Regimental experience.
Volunteers have an opportunity to:
- Share a passion for or learn new skills related to the history of Canadian military.
- Learn and experience local Canadian history in a designated heritage building.
- Receive a 10% discount off all items for sale in the Signature Gift Shop.
- Receive a reciprocal pass (free or reduced admission) to museums across Canada.
Volunteers are provided with:
- Specific training, related to the job they have opted for.
- A volunteer placement compatible with their expressed interests and The RCR Museum needs.
- A name tag.
- Letter of reference upon request.
- Community hours for high school credits.
Volunteers are required to:
- Attend an in-take interview.
- Provide a Police Records and Vulnerable Position Screening check.
- Sign up for one shift per week (3 – 4 hrs)
- Agree to complete the training program required by the job assignment.
- Work cooperatively with The RCR Museum staff members and other volunteers.
Volunteer Application Form
For more information, please contact the Curator
and consult the Volunteer Program at The RCR Museum.